Each bite-sized chapter is covered in a double-page spread with colour summary diagrams on the left page and explanatory text on the right. Covering a wide range of topics, books in the at a Glance series are ideal as introductory subject texts or for revision purposes, and are useful throughout medical school and beyond.
Everything you need to know about Medical Pharmacology...at a Glance!
Following the familiar, easy-to-use at a Glance format, and in full-colour, Medical Pharmacology at a Glance is an accessible introduction and revision text for medical students. Reflecting changes to the content and assessment methods used by medical schools, this at a Glance provides a user-friendly overview of medical pharmacology to encapsulate all that the student needs to know.
Medical Pharmacology at a Glance:
- Addresses the key principles of medical pharmacology that are central to medicine
- Contains full-colour artwork throughout, making the subject easy to understand
- Presents schematic diagrams on the left page and concise explanations on the right
- Contains 10 self-assessment cases
- Explains the mechanisms involved in pharmacological processes and covers the mode of action and effects of drugs in clinical medicine
- Discusses the mechanisms of action of each drug, indicating the therapeutics of choice for specific conditions
- Covers basic principles of drug action; drug-receptor interactions; drug absorption, distribution and excretion; drug metabolism; how drugs act on specific body systems; and how drugs are used in a variety of common complaints
- Includes the latest changes in pharmacology and the British Pharmacological Society Core Curriculum
Download Medical Pharmacology at a Glance